Useful and Handy Dog Training Tips
A dog is a man’s best friend. It helps you relax, feel happy, and most importantly, it never makes you feel alone. However, if you could train your dog the right way life would be simpler for you and your pet. You will find several professional and experienced trainers who can train your dog for you. This can help you in several ways. It can help your dog behave in a more dignified manner and it will also save you the time and effort of having to train your dog on your own. However, there are some training tips that can prove to be useful for you.
Dog Training Tips
Here are some dog training tips that you should remember if you decide to train your beloved puppy on your own. These tips should help you with the training in multiple ways.
- First of all, it is very important for you to remember that you’re your puppy is basically an infant dog and not a miniature adult. Thus, you will have to place your expectations accordingly keeping in mind the mental and physical limitations of the animal.
- When it comes to training a puppy at home, it is very important that you make your house puppy-proof. This means you will have to install baby gates, a pen, and a crate. It is true that you cannot supervise the puppy directly all the time. During those times, you will have to ensure that the animal is safe and away from any major mischief. Give the puppy some safe toys to keep him busy. Get rid of things that may give rise to accidents and may cause the animal to come up with any destructive behavior.
- It is very important for you to remember that puppies are never born with the knowledge of human language. It will not know what a “no” actually means. Instead of thinking that the puppy will stop whatever he is doing, it will be better for you to show the animal what you basically want the puppy to do.
- Just like humans, dogs also have certain specific body languages. Although the animal may not be able to speak his heart or mind out, he can definitely convey the message through his body language. Thus, in order to understand his message, you need to understand about the various body languages of the puppy.
- Treats can make the puppy learn tricks faster than otherwise. You have no idea how a good and tasty treat can make your dog learn tricks fast. Keep your puppy’s favorite treat with you while you train the animal. Every time it follows your instructions to properly, give the animal a treat. This will keep him interested in the training and also make his understand when he does the right things.
- It is very easy for you to catch your puppy when he is up to some prank. However, make an attempt and try to catch him doing something good. Give him a treat when he does anything good so that he understands the good from the bad.